There is no such thing as reading too many books. (Or if there is, it's certainly way above the 30 books per year rate both Michael and Radek find easy to achieve.) Each new book compliments the previous one, adding to your trove of knowledge, ideas, and insights. Each adds nuance, or shows contradictions, or a different point of view.
And so we must reject this romantic but ultimately destructive notion that reading a book is a sacred ritual, that it must be done with a physical book, and studied thoroughly by the fireplace. If we want to grow wiser and learn, we must read a lot. It's a practical concern. And so we listen to audiobooks. A lot.
Also: where to find new books, how to pick the right ones, and a mid-year update.
Where to find books:
Relevant past episodes:
- Why We Get Fat: Amazon, Audible, The Podcast
- Deep Work: Amazon, Audible, The Podcast
- 4 Disciplines of Execution: Amazon, Audible, The Podcast
- Smarter, Faster, Better: Amazon, Audible
- The Power of Habit: Amazon, Audible
- Originals: Amazon, Audible, The Podcast
- How to Fly a Horse: Amazon, Audible
- Naked Money: Amazon, Audible
- Happy Money: Amazon, Audible
- Under New Management: Amazon, Audible