Just follow your passion, right? … No.
Unless you’re already highly skilled at something you’re passionate about, following your passion will only drive you to be miserable. To get a great job you can feel passionate about, you must first have something rare and valuable to give. You must be so good they can’t ignore you.
A much better idea: Follow your curiosity.
- Deep Work (audible)
- So Good They Can't Ignore You (audible)
- The Podcast 80: Peak (Part 2)
- The Podcast 103: Stoicism (Part 2)
- Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise (audible)
- How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading (audible)
- A Guide to the Good Life (audible)
- It’s all about Passion (amazon)
- Maslow's pyramid (hierarchy of needs)
- Radex notes from books
- Tadam - Radex app website
- Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address