We live very distracted lives and most of our working days are filled with shallow tasks and interruptions. In this age when more and more jobs are being automated, we can get a competitive edge if we get good at performing deep work — important work at high levels of attention.
Unfortunately, our environments don’t support it, and shallow work is just easier. We discuss the topic — ideas, and strategies from the book "Deep Work" in achieving a more productive work life.
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World (audible)
- Radek's notes for Deep Work
- So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love (audible)
- Chasing Daylight: How My Forthcoming Death Transformed My Life (audible)
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (audible)
- Episodes discussing "Why we get fat" book:
- "Wrist buzzes: Michael completed a run"
- Radek's weight loss progress
- Only Elon can get Radek to get out bed before 7