The way today's companies are ran closely mimics the management methods of the industrial revolution era firms. But the realities of a modern organization — that relies mostly on knowledge and creative work — is very different. Just like the world has moved on from the industrial era, so should our management practices.
This week, we discuss Under New Management by David Burkus.
- Under New Management: How Leading Organizations Are Upending Business as Usual (audible)
- Radek's book notes for Under New Management
- The Podcast 61: Take the blame
- The Podcast 73: Quarterly Offsite
- The Podcast 5: about why open offices suck
- The Podcast 18: Meetings don't have to be toxic
- No Office Apps - how to work effectively in an all-remote team
- Michael's blog