Your day is 24 hours long, and there's nothing you can do to change that. Which means, competition for your time and attention is a zero sum game. Doing one thing means you're not doing another. And some things are more valuable than others. It's not enough to be merely valuable. To achieve the most, you must cut down on things that are merely nice, and reinvest time in things that are essential.
And so, quite honestly… why don't we just quit social media?
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World (Audible)
- Radek's notes for Deep Work
- Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters.
- The Podcast 3
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals (Audible)
- Interview with Seth Godin • Productive! Magazine
- 1Blocker app
- SelfControl app for Mac